1 cup dates
1 cup almonds
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1/3 cup flax seed meal
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons tahini
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon vanilla
1. After soaking dates and almonds for about an hour to ninety minutes, drain water.
2. Process part 1 ingredients in thirds so you don't overwhelm your food processor - pulse & scrape the sides of the food processor. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and repeat until done.
3. Add part 2 ingredients to the large mixing bowl. Mix well with spoon or spatula.
4. Form mixture into 2-ounce size balls and form with parchment paper into bars.
5. Place on dehydrator screen trays.
6. Dehydrate at 135° F for an 2 hours. Turn down to 115° F and dry for 10-12 hours
If you want to eat these bars raw, skip steps #5 and #6. Instead, wrap bars and store in fridge.
Time: 13 hours | Servings: 3
These granola bars can be dehydrated or eaten raw. We tried them both ways and actually prefer the raw version.