Serve this nutritious Middle Eastern dip with veggies, pita bread or whole wheat naan.
1 large eggplant, halved
1⁄4 cup tahini
3 cloves garlic, halved
1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
1⁄4 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp olive oil, optional garnish
1⁄2 tsp paprika, optional garnish
Chopped parsley, optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F, and line baking sheet with parchment.
- Prick eggplant with fork several times, and place flesh-side down on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool slightly and peel off eggplant skin.
- Add cooked eggplant flesh, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, and salt to jar and secure lid.
- Select "Dips" cycle or blend on a Medium to Medium-Low speed for 20-30 seconds.
- Transfer to serving bowl, and garnish with oil, paprika, and parsley.